Download und minimal instructions for apache, php, perl und mysql für die Dreambox
First of all I have not contributed in developing or compiling php, msql und perl for PowerPCs.
I searched for this software and found it at gamesquad.nl. As some people in the forum has been looking vor such a software and gamesquad URL is no more reachable, I decided to write this kind of instructions
I've installed and tested apache, php und perl on my Dreambox 7020. I you have found some errors, have hints or other ideas, please refer to my EMail Address:Edmund Schöpf
You can find a lot of instructions (and better then mine) on the internet, but maybe it could be helpeful for som of you.
I made the installation of the local package without understanding why. I installed apache on another Dreambox without local.tar.gz and it worked.
Click here to the optional Installation
In order to work comfortabely you should have installed a harddisk on your dreambox.
Installation of PHP
- After downloading the required packeges from this site, create a temporary directory(for example /hdd/tmp)
- Create a directory named "opt" and give it the rights 755 an then change to the directory created (
cd /hdd; mkdir opt; chmod 755 opt; cd opt;)
- Extract the tar using the gzip command in opt (
gzip -dc /hdd/tmp/httpd.tar.gz |tar xf -)
- now you can start apache (
- The standard Port for this installation of apache is 8080 (see file /hdd/opt/httpd/conf/httpd.conf where you can finde a entry like: Listen 8080
- To test now the freshly installed apache, create a html-file (mypage.html) and copy it to /hdd/opt/httpd/htdocs
and insert on your WEB-Browser the following address:
This is my html-site on my apache
where ip-address-of-my-dreambox ist the IP-Address of your Dreambox (i.e. 192.168.22.70)
and if all works well you will sie the messagge "This is my html-site on my apache"
* unpack the php-package (we copied it to /hdd/tmp)
* copy file httpd.conf.php on httpd.conf
gzip -dc /hdd/tmp/apache_php.tar.gz |tar xf -
* Make the following entries to httpd.conf in the LoadModule/AddType Section
cp conf/httpd.conf.php conf/httpd.conf
* restart apache
LoadModule php4_module modules/libphp4.so
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
In the same way you can install perl and mysql (I did not test myqsl)
gzip -dc /hdd/tmp/perl.tar.gz |tar xf -
gzip -dc /hdd/tmp/mysql.tar.gz |tar xf -
Download tar.gz for Dreambox (PowerPC Version)
==== START OPTIONAL INSTALLATION ====
Install instructions for some libs/binaries for dreambox
I recommend to use the 'cut and paste' feature to perform these steps. The are a lot of . (dots) in the commands
* Download local.tar.gz and FTP to /hdd/tmp
* Unpack tarfile
* Give user root a writable home directory ( for .profile ) by changing the 6th field ( : is seperator ) in /etc/passwd from / to /hdd/root. If you want to edit /etc/passwd with mc (Midnight Commander = Norton Commander clone) do the following
- mkdir -p /hdd/opt
- cd /hdd/opt
- gzip -dc /hdd/tmp/local.tar.gz |tar xf -
* Create a .profile for root. The .profile gets executed during login.
. /hdd/opt/local/env.sh # Don't forget dot and space
- Search in mc passwd and press edit button (F4).
- exit mc (F10)
* execute .profile
echo >/hdd/root/.profile "[ -f /hdd/opt/local/env.sh ] && . /hdd/opt/local/env.sh"
After performing these instructions, the user root has a .profile. In this .profile a script (/hdd/opt/local/env.sh) is called to set the right environment for all other programs downloaded from my download site. The script /hdd/opt/local/env.sh extends the PATH variable in such a way that all bin and sbin directories found in /hdd/opt/local/* are added.
. /hdd/root/.profile # Don't forget dot and space
==== END OPTIONAL INSTALLATION ====